High Adventure Camp
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Rock Climbing, High Ropes Course & Kayaking
Experience the fun and excitement of the great outdoors! The department is thrilled to bring three wonderful outdoor opportunities together! The participants will learn basic skills and techniques of each sport, rock climbing and kayaking and utilize those necessary skills to participate safely. The rock climbing practice sessions will be held at the Rocksport (518-793-4626) indoor climbing facility, located at 54 Carey Road, Queensbury.
Robert Livingston, Manager and Chief Guide, is a NYS Licensed Certified Mountain Guide and has national certification and licensure through the American Mountain Guide Association (A.M.G.A.). Robert and his trained Rocksport staff will organize and supervise the outdoor climbing component of the program on Friday of the camp.
All necessary equipment is provided and no previous experience is needed in order to participate.
- The high ropes/challenge course module of the program will take place on the SUNY Adirondack campus with such elements as the “Flying Squirrel”, “Vertical Playpen”, “The Giant Centipede”, “Pamper Pole”, and more.
- Personal and team building challenges abound here!
- The kayaking component of the camp will take place on either the Sacandaga River or Saratoga Lake.
- Children under 12 years of age must take a raft, instead of a kayak, for the water trips.
- No experience necessary.
- There will be certified kayaking guides accompanying the trip and they are certified as: NYS Licensed Water Guide, First Aid and CPR, ACA Water Kayaking Guide, and Swift Water Rescue.
- Experience the thrill and excitement of whitewater rapids in a controlled environment!
- Upon completion of the skills and safety training, participants will be able to use those skills and techniques with a real adventure in rock climbing on one of the breathtaking Adirondack Peaks and enjoy the region’s sparkling waters.
- The High Ropes Course provides a thrilling challenge for the kids ... they love this combo camp!
- Note: Please send your child with water bottle/drinks and snacks; and pack a lunch for the bus trips to the kayaking destination and for Friday’s rock climbing trips. Please pack appropriate supplies for the outdoor trips and activities.
- *Program meets the requirements for the Boy Scout’s Rock Climbing Merit Badge. Campers MUST bring the Blue Card for certification of the badge completion.
- Note: Program Drop-off/Pick-up at the Rocksport Facility, 54 Carey Road, EXCEPT for the SUNY Adirondack Challenge Course Days.
- PLEASE NOTE: ON CHALLENGE COURSE DAYS at SUNY Adirondack THERE WILL BE NO BUS TRANSPORTATION. ***PARENTS MUST DROP-OFF AND PICK–UP THEIR CHILD AT THE SUNY ADIRONDACK GYM.
- *Bus Transportation provided to and from the Saratoga Lake and the Sacandaga River kayaking/rafting destination and the Rock Climbing Outdoor Adventure location.
- CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED!
Additional Forms and Files: