Infant/Parent & Toddler/Parent - Fall/Winter/Spring 2021/2022
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
To familiarize young children (from ages 6-18 months for the infant class, 19-36 months for toddler) to the water and prepare them to learn to swim in the American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim courses. It is not designed to teach children to become good swimmers or to survive in the water on their own.
Registration Begins at 8:00 AM on these dates - (2 weeks prior)
Session 1 ~ Wednesday - 9/1/21
Session 2 ~ Wednesday - 10/6/21
Session 3 ~ Wednesday - 11/24/21
Session 4 ~ Wednesday - 1/12/22
Session 5 ~ Wednesday - 3/2/22
Session 1 ~ Saturday - 9/1/21
Session 2 ~ Saturday - 10/9/21
Session 3 ~ Saturday - 12/24/21
Session 4 ~ Saturday - 2/19/22
COVID-19 UPDATE: EFFECTIVE December 14, 2021
As we begin our fall/winter programming, we are updating our COVID-19 Guidance for all program participants. Guidance provided below considers that we are in an area with high transmission rates (Warren County).
Additional announcements will be shared as guidance from Warren County Public Health is updated.
All participants are encouraged to NOT attend programming if they are not feeling well or if a family member is not feeling well.
Additionally, it is recommended that participants keep their hands clean, wear face coverings and practice social distancing when participating in all indoor activities or programs.
QBY. SCHOOL FACILITY PARTICIPANTS:
Participants of programs that use INDOOR school facilities are REQUIRED to wear masks at all times (Except while participating in aquatic programs).
OUTDOOR FACILITY USE:
Participants at outdoor programs, trails or facilities are NOT required to wear face coverings unless they are unable to maintain social distancing or in large gatherings.
With the exception of Qby. School Facilities, face coverings are REQUIRED during ALL indoor activities and programs. Participants may be asked to show vaccination card or NYS Excelsior Pass.
REQUIRED to wear masks for ALL indoor activities and programs (Regardless of location) and should maintain 6’ social distancing when possible.
- No prerequisite skill needed, child must be at least 6 months old to enroll.
- Parent or other caregiver must accompany each child into the water and participate in each class.
- Learn to ask for permission before entering the water. Learn how to enter and exit the water in a safe manner. Feel comfortable in the water.
- Explore submerging to the mouth, nose and eyes completely.
- Explore buoyancy on the front and back position.
- Change body position in the water with support.
- Learn to expect adult supervision when near water.
- Explore submerging in a rhythmic pattern completely.
- Glide on the front and back with assistance.
- Learn basic water safety rules and how to avoid water hazards around the home.
- Learn about the importance of wearing a life jacket and experience wearing one.
- Pre-Registration is required for lessons; sign-up on-line or at the department office (742 Bay Road).