Youth Summer Never Ends (SNE) Activities - Summer 2022
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Two Weeks Until School Starts? So what?!
At Queensbury Parks & Recreation, summer never ends!
Enjoy a variety of outdoor specialty activities at the department’s Gurney Lane Recreation Area. Choose one day of activity that interests you or participate in all four!
Specialty activities will be approximately 1-2 hours in length, followed by lunch.
The remainder of the afternoon will be spent swimming in the Gurney Lane pool.
- Fee includes all adult instruction/education, supervision, program materials, lunch, and admission to the pool.
- Kids will need to bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, bug spray, water bottle and sneakers.
- Please see each specific activity for additional requirements.
- Parent drop off/pick up will take place at the Gurney Lane Pavilion. Sign in/out required.
- Class size: Min 6; Max 24
TUESDAY, AUGUST 23 “WATER OLYMPICS” changed date to 8/24/22
- The Gurney Lane Pool will be our stadium for friendly water competition!
- There will be events for everyone from team relay races, balance games, hidden diving objects and more! Cheering, team spirit and good sportsmanship are highly encouraged!
- Kids will need to bring a swimsuit, towel, sunscreen.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25 “FISH, CHIPS & A DIP”
- A relaxing morning of fishing in the Gurney Lane Pond, followed by chips (snacks) and a dip in the Gurney Lane pool.
- Our very own Gary Crossman, an experienced fisherman, will be demonstrating baiting, casting, and spinning rod techniques.
- Bring your own fishing pole/tackle if you have one.
- A limited number of poles will be available.
- Lunch will be served in addition to snacks.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 30 "TRAIL HIKE"
- We will be hiking across not one, but two town parks! We will begin on the Gurney Lane trails and then head to Rush Pond, where we will have a picnic lunch in the woods!
- Please send your child with bug spray, a water bottle and appropriate footwear/clothing for hiking in the woods.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1 “SCAVENGER HUNT"
- We will following along nature’s very own Scavenger Hunt on the “You are Nature” trails.
- Participants will have to use all their senses to find nature’s treasures.
- There will be a hidden mystery prize at the conclusion of the nature hunt.
- Please send your child with a water bottle and appropriate footwear/clothing for hiking in the woods.
Super SNE Pool Programs Pack
- Purchase the Super SNE Pool Programs and receive a special discount.
- Sign up for all four days and save $20!